Non-degree Students

To be eligible for financial aid, you must be admitted and enrolled in a degree program offered by NC State University.  Students enrolled in graduate certificate programs are not eligible unless they are also enrolled as a degree candidate. Exceptions are:

  • Teacher Licensure – If you are pursuing teacher licensure, you should submit a copy of your official acceptance letter to the licensure program from the NC State College of Education or the Regional Alternative Licensure Center (RALC).  Along with your acceptance letter, you should submit a copy of your plan of work for the licensure program.  You will be eligible only for Federal Direct Loan assistance while enrolled in a teacher licensure program.
  • PBS Coursework – If you are enrolled as a PBS student taking required pre-requisite undergraduate (400 level course or below) coursework for admission into a graduate degree program at NC State, you may be eligible for aid. You would only be considered for Federal Direct loan assistance, and only for one consecutive 12-month period.  You must be enrolled on at least a half-time basis (taking 6 or more credit hours per session/term) to be eligible for such loan support.

If you meet one of these non-degree exception categories, please contact your financial aid adviser in the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid. For more information on taking coursework as a non-degree student, please visit their website.

Eligible students are encouraged to contact the Shelton Leadership Center to inquire about the Shelton NDS Scholarship.