Short Term Loans
Short term loans are available to assist students who need small amounts of funding to meet emergency expenses. The maximum available loan is $400. However, any loan greater that $100 requires additional review before being approved.
Our objective is to help as many students as possible; therefore the loan is granted under the following terms:
- You must be enrolled for the current term/semester to receive a short term loan
- You may receive a maximum of two short term loans per term/semester
- A processing fee of 1% will be deducted from the face value of the loan and will be reinvested in the program.
- You must repay the loan by the due date to be eligible for further loans
- If you do not repay the loan by the due date, a “hold” will be placed on all your University records. This hold will prevent you from registering for future classes in coming semesters and will prevent the release of your transcript and other records until you have repaid the loan.
- Fraudulent information and/or identification can result in criminal charges against you.
If you agree to the terms listed above and you wish to apply for a short term loan, please come to the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid. If you submit an applications by 3:00 p.m., you can pick up a check by 10:00 a.m. the following business day.